Contact: Kate O’Brien, Economic Development Committee Coordinator, Town of Westborough, email@example.com, (508) 871-5149
Westborough EDC rolls out new Small Business Grant Assistance Program
The Westborough Economic Development Committee (EDC) officially approved the Small Business Grant Assistance Program at its meeting held on June 21, 2019.
The EDC established the Small Business Grant Assistance Program to provide financial assistance to businesses and to stimulate investment in vacant or underutilized commercial space in the Town of Westborough. The EDC is authorized to expend funds collected from the Electronic Billboard fees in the amount of $25,000 each fiscal year.
The program offers grants that cover approved project costs and rental assistance for new businesses for their first six months of rent, with the possibility of additional funds being awarded on a per project basis.
Approved uses of grant funds include:
- Interior renovations (e.g., walls, flooring, ceiling, lighting, bathrooms, kitchens, etc.)
- Merchandising components (e.g., shelving, counters, menu boards, displays, etc.)
- Retail and food service equipment (e.g., grease traps, cash registers, computers, ovens, etc.)
- Furniture and fixtures|
- Rental assistance reimbursement (only applies to new locations, not expansions of existing locations)
- Sign and façade improvements (e.g., accessibility improvements such as ramps, exterior signs, awnings, energy conservation for windows and doors, painting, planters and landscaping, etc.)
- Parking lot surface improvements
- Code compliance
The Small Business Grant Assistance Program Overview and Application is available online at
About the Economic Development Committee
The Westborough Economic Development Committee (EDC) was formed by Article 4 at the Special Town Meeting held on October 20, 2008. The purpose of this committee is to promote business development in the Town; provide advice to the Board of Selectmen on economic development policy; meet with current Westborough business and prospective business CEOs and management teams; and work cooperatively with businesses and state agencies to retain current businesses and attract new business and development to Westborough.