The Westborough Economic Development Committee (EDC) was formed from Article 4 of a Special Town Meeting on October 20, 2008.
The purpose of this committee is to:
- Promote business development in the Town of Westborough
- Work with all businesses wishing to locate and or expand in the Town.
- Provide advice to the Board of Selectmen on economic development policy
- Meet with current Westborough business and prospective business CEOs and management teams
- Work cooperatively with businesses and state agencies to retain current businesses and attract new business and development to Westborough
The Committee is comprised of town officials and four appointed business leaders from companies in the Town of Westborough.